Email: lana.connectsites AT live.com
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Community Manager, Patient Advocate, Freelance writer, and Legal Assistant. I have written numerous articles about various topics that affect people with chronic illness and provided support for the last six years on an online social network platform for people living with chronic illness. My personal experience involves nearly eight years of living with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. I have used these experiences to share expert advice on living successfully with chronic illness.
Freelance Writer Medical News Today (Healthline) March 2017 – Present
Freelance Content Creator/Writer Perk.com Canada/NewLife Outlook February 2017-Present
Featured Writer AZoNetwork December 2016 – Present News-Medical, an AZoNetwork
Columnist Pain News Network December 2016 – Present
Freelance Writer UpWell.com October 2016 – Present
Freelance Blogger Mango Health August 2016 –December 2016
Patient Advocate / Freelance Writer Alliance Health Networks February 2010 – December 2016 Arthritis Connect, Fibromyalgia Connect, Rheumatoid Connect
- Patient Advocate/Site Manager for the following Alliance Health Communities: Arthritis Connect, Fibromyalgia Connect, Rheumatoid Connect
- Site Management: Actively sought to increase the loyalty of visitors to the site by responding knowledgably to questions, provided resources to the site’s visitors who are seeking more information about their condition, welcomed new members to the site, encouraged positive contribution from members and showed respect to all who visit; Monitored the site for destructive behavior and reporting to site technical team for deletion
- Contribution Activities: Contributed content including site discussions, articles, videos, product reviews and responding to user email requests on a regular basis
- Prepared and Submitted Original Content: Prepared self-authored articles on various topics pertaining to chronic illness, arthritis and fibromyalgia; Worked with editorial team to plan a monthly schedule to include deadlines, article topics, and research content.
FREELANCE WRITING Years Active: 2008 to Present
- Wrote and had published well over 100 articles on various topics that affect people with chronic illness, including parenting, staying gainfully employed, living life to the fullest, managing stress, and day-today self-management of illness.
- Prepared of five chronic illness guides, on the following topics: treatment, lifestyle and healthy eating.
- Knowledge of a variety of topics, including chronic illness, single parenting, maintaining a work-life balance.
- The ability to research on any given topic.
- The skill to organize research into a well-written article.
- Ability to work efficiently and professionally.
- Great skill with meeting deadlines, keeping content concise and to the point and working on multiple topics at once. · Areas of Writing Expertise: Tip Articles, How-to Articles, Lifestyle Guides, Research, Interviews, and Blogging
Kaplan University Online
- Masters in Legal Studies Degree – June 2011
Gained further knowledge of the law, legal terminology, and procedures for use in every industry; Explored real-world issues and applied legal principles in a case study format; Developed strong problem solving skills relevant in a variety of career fields.
- Governmental Management Intensive Study Area: Courses – Organization and Function of State Government, Legislative Process, Gubernational and Administrative Process, Public Policy Analysis
- Graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0 G.P.A
Strayer University King of Prussia, PA
- Graduate Coursework: Leadership and Organizational Behavior, Information Systems and DecisionMaking; 4.0 G.P.A.; Attended June 2007 to December 2007
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration – December 2006
- Minor in Human Resource Management. Graduated cum laude
Academy of Court Reporting Cleveland, Ohio • Associate’s Degree of Applied Business in Paralegal Studies – December 2002