Accidental poisoning by soap products: What to do

Accidental poisoning by soap products occurs when a person comes in contact with soap products that contain strong chemicals. Contact often takes place through the eyes or mouth.

Products that can cause soap poisoning range from simple soaps to products containing a chemical called amine oxide. If these products are inhaled or swallowed, they can be highly toxic and even fatal.

If someone suspects that a person has been exposed to harmful chemicals and poisoned, they should call emergency medical services immediately or call their country’s National Poison Control Center (NPCC) as soon as possible. In the United States, the number to call is 1-800-222-1222.

Read the rest at Medical News Today.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: